Dienstag, 26. August 2014

Whale Watching


First view when we arrived in the morning - hurray! ;)
As we didn´t see any whales during our last sailing trip, we decided to pay for a trip organized by experts! It is already the end of the pairing season but there is still a high chance to see whales.

And to be honest… When I first thought of our trip I imagined a sunny day, a blue sky, me lying on a catamaran observing whales while getting tanned, haha. As you can already see from the fist picture it was not like that ;) We were not that lucky with the weather but happy that they did not cancel the trip. So, in fact it was a very cloudy, windy and especially rainy day... 

Thus rain cape instead of bikini!



The true story about our whale watching tour - according to my experience ;)
First of all I have to say that we were really lucky because we saw many whales - yay! Actually I didn´t expect that! On the other hand it was a very exhausting day (getting up 4.30am, spending more than 6hours under these weather conditions at sea). In addition, the half of the crew got seasick, even the captain´s wife. They were not even able to watch the sea but rather vomiting... I guess some did not even see one single whale but they also did not even care about them any longer... ;)

For my own part, I can say that I was really happy to see these impressive animals in the wild - some great moments I will surely never forget. Besides that I also had some moments when I felt really bad and seasick. But I did not vomit his time ;) 


Baie de la somme
Eskimo-style













First signs - they are there!



Humpback whale pictures

It was quite difficult to take pictures of them. The boat was shaking heavily, it was stormy and raining. 
I had problems to keep the balance on the boat and I was afraid to damage my good Nikon Camera. Moreover, it was almost impossible to catch the right moment to take nice pictures. The whales stayed just a few seconds on the water surface and appeared sometimes out of nowhere. 
Anyway, I tried my best and I finally got some shots! 

But I actually didn´t catch the best moments -  a whale mommy with her baby AND the VERY BEST a whale jumping out of the water, with his whole body! That was just amazing and breathtaking!











Good bye picture


Smiling even though some of us were totally wet and frozen! 
 But in the end everybody was happy but also relieved to be back on ground again ;) 




18 days left for me...
:***



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen